Pages

Saturday, May 24, 2014

Fun With My SAP Buds at Bilby

Now, before you get a little upset that I may be being rude about my friends, let me make it clear that I mean my Sacrament Area Parkflyer buds.  You can check us out and get some more information about where we commune and fly at this site parkflysac.com.

I went out to my favorite flying area to have some RC flying fun (I like the Bilby site because it's the closest to me) and hit a snag.  I was in such a hurry to get out there that I forgot the wing spar for the one airplane I brought!  Since I could not fly, I decided to video those that were out there and record the fun and commerrodery.  The video isn't great because all I had with me was my cell phone, but I think you will enjoy them anyway.

In this video a nice 4 stroke 3D plane has problems with stalling before take off as a nice foam jet comes in for a landing.  While waiting for the 3D plane to take off, Dr Bob gets ready and tosses up an insanely speedy little wing of his and puts it through its paces.






In this video the 3D 4 stroke comes in for a nice landing while Richie is getting ready to take off his big wing with landing gear.  It's a big heavy wing so he gives himself a lot of run way.  Those of us parked at then end are grateful for the courtesy.  Surprisingly it takes off quickly. It wobbles around quite a bit but Richie soon takes control and flies it quite nicely.  Then someone gets ready to maiden their Apprentice but is troubled with steering issues.

In this video, a really cool foam jet takes of.  This is the same foam jet that landed in a previous video.  No, this video is not out of order, this is another flight.  It took some distance to take off and from my angle, it almost looked like it was going to end up in the back of my Jeep.

This next video starts with a really nice flyby from the foam jet that took off in the last video.  Just after if flew by, Richie landed his big wing with landing gear.  Unfortunately he came down a little heavy and collapsed the nose wheel.  We take a closer look while the foam jet makes some sweet flybys.  After a few more low and casual passes he comes in for a nice landing.



Dr Bob takes out another screamer.  Too bad about 3/4 of the way through while going vertical, the motor screws come loose and the prop catches the right side of the prop slot.  You can hear this in the video.  The result is that the torque causes the motor to spin and rip all of the motor wires out!  Despite this, Dr Bob deftly brings in this wing with a nice glide and drops it right at his feet.




Quite often we have someone maiddening their new plane.  That is the case with this beautiful new WW2 biplane.  Unlike the Apprentice earlier, this one actually gets a chance and flight.  Let's see what happens.
Yeah, OK, I don't know what happened, but needles to say, it didn't last too long.  He'll get a lot of help and make another attempt soon.




We have a lot of fun out here and also at the other sites around the Sacramento area.  Come out and join us, the more the merrier.  There are no fees or dues, we just ask that everyone fly and behave respectfully and also take care of the areas we fly at.

Hope to see you out there!

Thanks for stopping by my blog.  Please feel free to post comments, good or bad, and be sure to come back and check for future posts.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It will be posted as soon as I have a chance to approve it.
Mr. Clean